incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 07:35:16 GMT
2011/9/5 Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>:
> My only concern
> is the visibility into private discussions relating to list policies.

Just to be clear: discussions about "policies" are very rare, and
happened mostly on the past during the forum self-organization. Most
of the time discussions on the "non public" sub forum are about border
line situations (is that user just venting his/her frustration and
will cool down or are we in front of a new troll?) were a moderator
ask if the action he/she is planning is right.
Also, volunteers can point subtle problems that escaped moderator
scrutiny like a tiny signature or a link that seems to be valid but
point to some spam site, strange behaviour (zero-content posts, for
example) that can point to potential spammers, etc.
So don't worry, we are not discussing world domination complots :)
Cheers
Ricardo