incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From John Viestenz <>
Subject Re: visibility and credibility of the brand.
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:45:32 GMT
<snipped from Juergen Schmidt> :  "Besides all areas where the
community can be active, the most important thing is to provide a
stable and good product that people can easy use
without problems and that is sufficient for their daily work and that can
solve their daily problems."

Speaking as an OOo user, I absolutely agree with Juergen's comments.
I am not a "power user" or developer, and have been lurking on this
list hoping to see progress with the next OOo release, so I would not
have to consider moving to LO.  OOo has been a great product, and
serves not only my personal needs, but is installed on PCs at our
public library (could not afford MS products, and with OOo installed,
we learned that we do not NEED MS Office).

I do get concerned about OOo's future.  I hate the thought of
transitioning to another product (LO), no matter how similar it should

-- John Viestenz

View raw message