incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 15:14:54 GMT
On Sep 4, 2011 3:45 PM, "Rob Weir" <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't think discussions about how the project is run is something
> that we should be doing in private.  Discussing such matters, even if
> strong opinions are raised, is the essence of transparency.  Remember,
> controversial is not the same as confidential.  In Apache projects we
> discuss non-confidential matters openly.

... unless they are on the PPMC private list, when that royal "we" no longer
includes everyone here. I believe Terry and others are saying that the
(independent) forum community has a similar approach, with a private forum
for sensitive matters. I also believe that in the interests of that very
transparency you and others are invited to participate in that place as a
transitional activity.

What exactly is the problem here?

S.