incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 00:25:33 GMT
Hi Simon -

There are significant advantages to top posting when carefully done.

Let's end this thread, and hope that one of the forum proposal threads is restarted with some
restatement of someone's understanding of where a consensus might be. We were getting somewhere
with a pragmatic approach and excellent guidance from our mentors.

Regards,
Dave

On Sep 7, 2011, at 5:13 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:

> On 8 Sep 2011, at 00:04, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>
>> +1, they are when a few individuals dominate the conversation making it difficult
for consensus to build or solutions to be defined. Instead we went round and round.

> Agreed. It would be wonderful if responses could amplify the part of proposals that is
good rather than focussing on what is wrong and going on to attempt to discredit the source.
 Answers on policy and non-code questions are going to take the accumulation of wisdom from
multiple sources.