incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How to make a donation?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:35:11 GMT

On Sep 12, 2011, at 8:11 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Thanks. That is a good idea.
>
> I think you've raised a development issue.  I am cross-posting to ooo-dev where your
suggestion could be acted on.

> My recommendation is that a Bugzilla issue be created at <http://issues.apache.org/ooo/>.
 It should have this be caught as part of migration of OpenOffice.org to hosting at Apache.

Our migration test page for contributing.openoffice.org already has the donation button eliminated.
See http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/contributing/

This is an example of the minor changes that I have mentioned are needed to the migrated OOo
to fit to Apache policies. This is an example of one that is needed.

BTW - I've only seen Marcus make changes to the existing OpenOffice.org site in Oracle's Kenai.

where ideas for staging of migration to Apache are also captured: <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/>.

> It might be possible to have links to related organizations.  Those organizations could
then have anything around membership and donations in their own locations. The Apache OOo
content would only link to Apache Software Foundation donation and contribution materials.

Anyone who is a committer to AOOo can work on the "contributing" site, I am happy to provide
guidance. JFDI.

Regards,
Dave