incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject [OT] What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:39:35 GMT
Hi  ******  ,

Le 7 sept. 11 à 22:03, Hagar Delest a écrit :

> Le mar. 06 sept. 2011 17:36:10 CEST, eric b
> <eric.bachardNOSPAM@free.fr> a écrit :
>> No, Hagar introduced his pseudo, not himself.
>> I wonder how we can trust people we don't know the identity ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Eric
> First note that I'm not a PPMC or haven't any other role for the
> moment in ASF.

Not verifiable, and pointless in the discussion.

> The key persons in the forums and some in the ASF do know my identity.

I read you consider some important people desserve to know your
identity, but not the "simple joe".

> The ASF gives the possibility to get a public alias even when we
> sign the iCLA.

That's a very bad thing. If so, it would mean some are the VIP ...
and the other people are "simple people" in the Apache Foundation ?

> So it means that there is no issue with using an alias. That's part
> of the Internet.

We are not in the clouds, mention the bad side of the Internet is not
a good answer either, and FYI, this is no longer true : see the
current Google war around fake accounts: everybody must being
identifiable.

Legally, I have even some doubts.

> What would be the point knowing my identity? My real name has quite
> no visibility on the web because I don't have any occupation having
> a public aspect.

Again, nobody, excepted not identified people you pretend aware, can
confirm.

> I don't believe in Facebook and so on for example so no account.
> I think my credential in oooforum and user.services forum is the
> only point to be taken into account.

Imagine several people, all working in the same company, all paid to
provide support, and having the same login password ? I know I'm
exagerating, but there is no risk after all ...

> Therefore I take your comment as rather insulting.

There is nothing insulting inmy comment, and well, I could say the
same about you.

To be frank, more you insist, and more your behavior looks
suspicious. AFAIK, I read all people are equal in the Apache
Foundation, and there is sane legitimity to ask everybody in the
group to respect the minimum : being truely identifiable.

The question is imho very important : is it allowed to cheat with the
identity, inside the Apache Foundation ? I sincerily expect the
answer is no.

Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə