incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Who wants to build OpenOffice?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 22:40:30 GMT
Hi Matt,

Le 6 sept. 11 à 00:34, Matt Richards a écrit :

> My build machine runs Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty) with a 64 bit kernel.
>
> To get the deps needed to build OOo, I used apt-get build-dep on
> LibreOffice package (as this is what Ubuntu is packaged with at
> this time) I figured
> they're still fairly similar. I did need to install the ccache
> package separately.
>
> I passed configure nothing special (followed the wiki's directions).
>
> Below is roughly what I did to get it building, (I am going from
> memory here. Dug around my command history to see what I did).
> svn co ... path/to/source
>
> cd path/to/source
> ./configure
> ./bootstrap
> mkdir  /path/to/ccache/dir
> source ./LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh
> export CCACHE_DIR="/path/to/ccache/dir"
> ccache -M 2G -F 100000
> export CXX="ccache g++"
> export CC="ccache gcc"

> build -P8 --all (my build box is a Quad Core, with 6 GB Ram)

If you use build, you are in instsetoo_native, aren't you ? (else
dmake from $SRC_ROOT )

Tip : for a Quad core, I'd suggest you to use parallel build
(supposing it will not break):

cd instsetoo_native
build --all -P6 -- -P6 -- -P6 -- -P6

Explanation : -- to separate every core, 6 tasks per core. Don't
forget to use upper case (else it won't work)

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə