incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 02:15:33 GMT
Dennis,

Kay's page is not the only one that discusses the subdomains/projects of openoffice.org. These
are variations.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOo-Sitemap
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OpenOffice+Domains

Here are the "synonym" domains to openoffice.org. There are some decisions to be made about
what should be kept.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Current+Roster+of+OpenOffice+Domains

Feel free to either edit or comment on any of these wiki pages, many have already.

I think we are getting closer to be able to propose a coherent migration plan.

Regards,
Dave

On Sep 5, 2011, at 3:45 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Kay,
>
> I'd like to start taking some of the material that is beautifully captured on your OOo-to-ASF-site-recommendation
page down to the next level of detail.  I think linking to additional pages is the way to
do it, with those pages focused on details at the next level for a very specific topic, such
as the Bugzilla migration.

> 1. I was thinking the hot links would be added into the "Migration Recommendations" cells.
 Does that fit with your thinking?

> 2. Also, I don't know a good way to tie in discussion on the OOo-to-ASF... page.  There
is nothing like a Discuss tab.  Do you have a preference?

> 3. Finally, I see your primary restructuring separation.  I agree to that in principle.
 There are clearly cross-over points where the user side provides a gateway to the developer
side, as it were.  My question: I don't know how your categories map to that restructuring.
 Are they meant to, or not?