incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Concerns about all PDL website material
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 04:02:10 GMT

On Sep 7, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Hi Dennis,
>
> On Sep 7, 2011, at 8:02 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I would still not touch anything.  Let's migrate/preserve first, keep it running
for users in place (when we cut over), and then figure out what to do when it is all in our
custody.

> I would add that we need to adjust policies before we move openoffice.org from Oracle's
Kenai to Apache Infrastructure.

To be clear, I mean the domain name.

> We also should have the branding, licensing and copyright as close as possible to correct
at that event.

> It fits your goal, but deals with the external wrapper including all necessary URL rewrapping.
>

>> Are you pursuing a conversion to Confluence or are you just talking about the static
web pages?

> Specifically everything that remains on openoffice.org when it comes over to Apache Infra.
I agree with Kay's idea of moving code projects to a wiki, it does fit initial plans accounting
for these license issues. I really hope the MediaWiki migration is successful. IMHO it would
be much preferred to confluence and I think it has a larger of users in the community.

> I am reserved about plans for NL projects,I think we should be open to either possibility.
My exposure to the de site that still had references to the sun license used for OO 1. (or
2.) is of some concern, I lean towards the Wiki for all NLs. It may be the best approach especially
in terms of oversight.

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> PS. I hope you enjoyed your cats and movie!
>

>> - Dennis

seems like Sun/Oracle pushed that.

>> I found a list of Copyright assignments here. [3]
>>
>> If we preserve that, we are likely good the only question now is for legal in the
context of proper copyright attribution. I'll need to think about the best way to ask in the
context of the whole migration of the openoffice.org website to apache infra as an openoffice.org
domain.