incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Having New Committers also be on the PPMC
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:50:27 GMT

On 30 Sep 2011, at 16:35, Rob Weir wrote:

> [...]
I had assumed this sort of lock-down would wait until graduation from the incubator once it
was clear what worked and what didn't.

> I'd recommend rereading my response to Ross.  Rory seems to get it.
> But I'm not really obligated to argue a point that I am not making,
> namely "actual current harm".  I'm willing to concede that fact, as
> well as the fact that I have fire insurance even though my house is
> not currently on fire, or that I pack a lunch even though I'm not
> currently hungry, or that I try to steer the Podling toward
> reasonable, sustainable long term decision making processes, even
> though we have not graduated.

Given you agree there is no current harm, and given that the problem you appear to be addressing
is arguably not one Apache expects to arise given The Apache Way, is there really a problem
with waiting until graduation (at the earliest) to adjust the project's governance?

S.