incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][wiki] Migration (was Re: Who Wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 00:44:51 GMT

On Sep 6, 2011, at 4:46 PM, drew wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 19:05 -0400, TJ Frazier wrote:

>>> You have root level access to the current box in Hamburg?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> //drew
>>>
>> Sorry, no.
>
> Drat
>
>> AFAIK, only Clayton had that (and possibly other Bureaucrats;
>> I see Terry's name on that list, and Andrew Rist, as well.)
>
> Yes Terry had that level of access and I assume Andrew does (note the
> word assume there)
>
> I needed to pass this along also - I received a call from Terry earlier
> today and he walked me through the current status on his migration work,
> open issues and concerns (technical concerns only).

I am glad that this occurred. Most all of us appreciate the handoff.

> One good thing is that is appears my email to the Network admins in
> Hamburg 2 years ago to turn off my access to the server running the
> forums there was never acted upon - so as soon as I dig out my keys for
> that service from a backup I'll be giving that a try - hopefully that is
> the case.
>
> On the wiki there is a sizable amount of work left to do on the staging
> server including email integration for both VMs (wiki/forum) for one,
> and issues from the upgrade to the latest version of MW causing problems
> with many of the 44 mods the service was using...oh fun.
> e gave me some clues on where the documentation he created for the Infra
> guys is in SVN and he is working on a more detailed hand off document
> which will be emailed to us - but that is not likely till this weekend
> given some already scheduled commitments has tomorrow and the next day.

I saw a commit of a doc move over in infrastructure. Last he was doing had to do with email
integration he had found the documents with Gavin's help.

> I think that document is coming to me - if so, as soon as I get it I'll
> forward that directly here.
>
> I see Pedro has already asked on the Infra mailing list to try that MW
> to Confluence conversion script...haven't seen a response on that
> request yet.

We may want to try a limited test first, but I am not keen on tossing out Terry's efforts.
It is my hope that we will have more volunteers with LAMP experience to help sysadmin these
servers.

Regards,
Dave