incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [LINUX-BUILD] Details of Fedora 14 and 15 x68_64 build
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:23:38 GMT
On 29.09.2011 01:40, Carl Marcum wrote:

> On 09/28/2011 04:41 PM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> On 27.09.2011 04:36, Carl Marcum wrote:
>>> As of Repo version 1175305 I can Build on Fedora 14 and 15 x86_64.
>>>
>>> Thank you Ariel for helping me get the first one completed.
>>>
>>> I found that there is a problem trying to to build hsqldb using java 1.7
>>> due to the build.xml only having targets for java up to 1.6 so I
>>> switched back to 1.6 for the complete build.
>>>
>>> Starting with a Fedora "basic desktop" install.
>>>
>>> I used yum to install the packages listed on the Fedora build
>>> instructions [1].
>>>
>>> I needed to add librsvg2-devel and junit4.
>>
>> The first problem is a bug, libsvg shouldn't be needed in a non-copyleft
>> build (as it's LGPL licensed). junit4 indeed is needed, but can be made
>> obsolete by using --without-junit in configure.
>
> I didn't specify any configure options other than --enable-verbose.
>
> I had configure list them for me but I have to admit I didn't research
> them all for what they did.
>
> I was trying to build without skipping anything not knowing yet what's
> necessary or not. I can understand non-GPL one.
>
> Are there a recommended combination of configure options we should be
> using when testing builds for AOOo?

IMHO the goal should be that a "vanilla" build doesn't require as few
switches as possible (at best none at least on Linux and Mac). This
would set the target for the build prerequisites. So junit4 definitely
is a prerequisite, but librsvg can't be one. AFAIR remember the only
switch that you currently need on Linux is disabling librsvg, but - as I
wrote - I consider this to be a bug.

On Mac I don't know about the switches, but rumors are that it is
possible to build without any switches. Windows builds always require
options, at least those that specify the different paths for the build
tools. oowintool is not able to discover them all under all circumstances.

Regards,
Mathias