incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From floris v <floris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forums not reachable
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 09:23:06 GMT
Op 29-9-2011 10:54, Rory O'Farrell schreef:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:00:04 +0200
> Christian Grobmeier<grobmeier@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> <snipped - synopsis of the proposed move of forums to Apache>
>> It is is still a confusing situation, and we finally started a draft
>> of the necessary changes:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Changes+integrate+the+forums+into+the+AOOo+project
>> but as you can see, it is incomplete and not yet voteable. Some more
>> work is required. The offline time of the boards does not help, of
>> course :(
>>
>> Hope I have expressed everything very well.
> Very well (and fairly) expressed, Christian.
>
> The comments by Peter Roelhofsen (floris_v on the forum) on the wiki page cited above
in general express the overall view of forum volunteers, I think; we mostly feel that trying
to impose the existing Apache structure on the forms is overkill and may stifle it.  I recommend
that the comments on the wiki page be carefully read;  note that the forum is willing to modify
its structures to fit in with Apache, but there does not seem to be a similar flexibility
on the Apache side.

> The forum downtime (which I hope is being worked upon) does not help us move towards
a decision.
+1.
Add that the discussion could continue on

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Changes+integrate+the+forums+into+the+AOOo+project
but it doesn't. Why? Is there something wrong with how I expressed myself there?