incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <carl.mar...@codebuilders.net>
Subject Re: [LINUX-BUILD] Details of Fedora 14 and 15 x68_64 build
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 23:40:32 GMT

On 09/28/2011 04:41 PM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> On 27.09.2011 04:36, Carl Marcum wrote:
>> As of Repo version 1175305 I can Build on Fedora 14 and 15 x86_64.
>>
>> Thank you Ariel for helping me get the first one completed.
>>
>> I found that there is a problem trying to to build hsqldb using java 1.7
>> due to the build.xml only having targets for java up to 1.6 so I
>> switched back to 1.6 for the complete build.
>>
>> Starting with a Fedora "basic desktop" install.
>>
>> I used yum to install the packages listed on the Fedora build
>> instructions [1].
>>
>> I needed to add librsvg2-devel and junit4.
>
> The first problem is a bug, libsvg shouldn't be needed in a non-copyleft
> build (as it's LGPL licensed). junit4 indeed is needed, but can be made
> obsolete by using --without-junit in configure.

I didn't specify any configure options other than --enable-verbose.

I had configure list them for me but I have to admit I didn't research
them all for what they did.

I was trying to build without skipping anything not knowing yet what's
necessary or not. I can understand non-GPL one.

Are there a recommended combination of configure options we should be
using when testing builds for AOOo?

> Thanks for reporting your results,
> Mathias

Thanks,