incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eilers <bernd.johann.eil...@kabelmail.de>
Subject EIS replacement needed? WAS Re: why can't I access this address : http://tools.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:30:55 GMT

Hi there!

There is now no one anymore activly maintaining the EIS server, EIS
software and EIS database. At Oracle some of my duties was just this but
I now have no longer access to this service.

It may have worked some time without maintenance but now it´s gone.
That means that neither the web application nor the SOAP webservice used
by some commandline tools in the build environment will work anymore.

Please also note that the EIS source code was closed source and has not
been donated to apache.
If the apache OOo Community needs a replacement for these services the
tool will have to be rewritten from scratch.

See also:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/EIS

I think using such a tool like EIS to organize workflow between
development and QA has proven to be useful in the past and that
something like this might also be useful on the new home of
openoffice.org at apache.

What do others think?

Kind regards,
Bernd Eilers

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201109.mbox/%3C20110911141738.GC15483@kulungile.erack.de%3E

 >> But, I have no answer for the question why this service is gone.
 >>

 >> Best regards, Oliver.
 >>

 >> On 28.09.2011 08:32, Shao Zhi Zhao wrote:
 >>

 >>> hi,
 >>> why can't I access this address
 >>> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/
 >>> thanks
 >>>
 >>> mail:zhaoshzh@cn.ibm.com
 >>> tel:54747
 >>> Address:2/F,Ring Bldg. No.28 Building, Zhong Guan Cun Software
Park, No.8,