incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From André Schnabel <andre.schna...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Diploma thesis: a survey about Oracle's care of the OpenOffice.org community (and not LibreOffice)
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 06:18:34 GMT
Hi,

first of all, I feel sorry, that I did forward the request to this list.

Seems you feel more disturbed than than realizing the chance to help
someone with his thesis.

Regarding questions about Oracle:

I already asked Fabian if it was not better to ask about Apache, not
Oracle. He then explizitly referred to Oracle. I think it should be up
to the Student and his tutors to decide what they ask and how they do
the analysis (just from seeing the questions you don't know, how the
answers wil be analysed).
Guys ... do you really question every thesis after you read some
paragraphs of the preparation? If yes - don't read it and don't care
about it.

Regarding asking the same thing multiple times. - I have only very basic
knowledge about surveys, but this is a common way to get better results.
Eg.g you dedetect things, where people are unsure, or just "click through".

After all .. I only post very rarely to this list, and the comments are
absolutely not encouraging to continue that.

Regards,

André

Am 27.09.2011 21:07, schrieb Dave Fisher:
> DId this individual's academic advisor give any input on how to conduct an unbiased survey?
I think not.

> Really the survey was very repetitive and only about Oracle and OpenOffice.org. I didn't
get far enough before I noticed it was asking the same questions over and over. Maybe in German
there are subtle differences. I didn't get to questions about LIbreOffice or Apache at all.

> If SImon and Rob want to debate corporate biases, go ahead. I'm not interested in wasting
y time on this type of navel gazing.