incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Is it worth looking at Confluence Wiki Again?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 00:37:49 GMT
On 9/27/2011 17:03, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 1:50 PM, TJ Frazier<tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com>  wrote:

>>> There was a "top-ten" dynamic page list on the wiki main page. Clayton
>>> removed it last March, on the grounds that it loaded the server too
>>> heavily. I will try to reactivate it on the Apache copy, and see if it
>>> yields any useful stats. (Please ignore any loud noises from the server
>>> room.)
>>>
>>> IIRC, the Basic Guide topped the list.
>>>
>> Well, OK, fourth on the list. As scraped off the copy:
>>
>> 1       Dictionaries                                            2701594
>> 2       Documentation/FAQ                                       1318167
>> 3       OpenOffice.org Solutions                                1236521
>> 4       Documentation/BASIC Guide                               659632
>> 5       Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org Developers Guide  608983
>> 6       Database                                                600448
>> 7       Documentation                                           541709
>> 8       Documentation/FAQ/General                               493961
>> 9       SV                                                      462049
>>
>> I left the reporting still live on the Apache copy. The pages are linked
>> there. It's a start to what's critical. If we want a "top-100" list, I can
>> probably do that.
>>

> I'm assuming this is the link:
>
> http://ooo-wiki.apache.org/wiki/Wiki/statistics

That should be a good assumption, but no. It's busted. I'll fix it.
Meanwhile, you can see it on the main page of the live wiki:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page

The problem is complex. Give me a day or so.

> Do we have any sense of what % of page visits are comprised by the top
> pages?   The above numbers look impressive, but I have no idea if the
> top 10 pages account for 20% of the hits, or 1%.
>
> I can crunch the numbers if there is some way to derive them.  I could
> even crunch the http logs directly, if they are saved for a couple of
> days.
>
> In any case, the top pages you've reported are not typical "community"
> pages.
True.
   They would work well as markdown pages.
Only if we ignore the valuable feedback from user changes on the
manuals. I find this a significant quality enhancer.

   Except maybe the

--
/tj/