incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Is it worth looking at Confluence Wiki Again?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:50:37 GMT
On 9/27/2011 13:29, TJ Frazier wrote:
> On 9/27/2011 12:21, Rob Weir wrote:
>> So obviously there is limited volunteer bandwidth to migrate the wiki.
>> And I've heard from several people, on and off the list, that much of
>> what is on the wiki is not very useful.
>>
>> Is there any way we can prioritize the effort?
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> 1) Is there any way to get page hit stats to see what pages are most
>> accessed? If not already instrumented could we add Google Analytics
>> for a couple of weeks?
>>
> There was a "top-ten" dynamic page list on the wiki main page. Clayton
> removed it last March, on the grounds that it loaded the server too
> heavily. I will try to reactivate it on the Apache copy, and see if it
> yields any useful stats. (Please ignore any loud noises from the server
> room.)
>
> IIRC, the Basic Guide topped the list.

Well, OK, fourth on the list. As scraped off the copy:

1 	Dictionaries 						2701594
2 	Documentation/FAQ 					1318167
3 	OpenOffice.org Solutions 				1236521
4 	Documentation/BASIC Guide 				659632
5 	Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org Developers Guide 	608983
6 	Database 						600448
7 	Documentation 						541709
8 	Documentation/FAQ/General 				493961
9 	SV 							462049

I left the reporting still live on the Apache copy. The pages are linked
there. It's a start to what's critical. If we want a "top-100" list, I
can probably do that.
--
/tj/