incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Press requests
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:01:50 GMT
On 9/27/2011 7:12 AM, Donald Harbison wrote:
> Thanks Shane.
>
> To be clear, Apache policy on podling branding[1] states:
>
> "*Podling has been approved for incubation, podling has launched public
> mailing lists, and podling has dropped code into repository*: A podling*MUST
> * now be called *Apache "Podling-Name"* (see
> Naming<http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#Naming>
> below).
> A podling and affiliated persons can issue press releases that reference the
> podling, but cannot issue press releases with the specific intent of
> announcing the Podling. Podling can conduct informal pr activities, such as
> media outreach, blog publicity, etc. The ASF will not issue any press
> releases for any podling at this stage. However, the Public Relations
> Committee *MUST* review any releases by affiliated organizations or groups
> to ensure they comply with these branding guidelines."
>
> So there is no requirement to run our blogs or media outreach efforts
> through Apache press office before posting, correct?

Correct - now that infra has created a blogs.a.o for the podling, you're
free to use that directly to communicate to the larger world as the
podling sees fit.  Indeed, I agree we need a committed group of
volunteers to push content to that blog more regularly, so we can better
tell our own story (instead of having others tell it).

The issue with coordinating with press@ is partly about any official
"press releases" (i.e. on newswires) and mostly any coordination or

- Shane