incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <>
Subject Re: [legal] How to clarify, if usage of Boost C++ source libraries is allowed
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:59:03 GMT

On 27.09.2011 14:16, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I want to clarify, if we can still use the Boost C++ source libraries in our
>> project.
>> It is licensed under the Boost Software License - Version 1.0, found at
>> Boost is widely used in our source core. It is included in project via the
>> "ext_sources" process.
>> What is the right way at Apache to clarify, if such a 3rd party stuff can be
>> used, if its license is not mentioned at
>> Should I submit a corresponding JIRA issue in JIRA project 'Legal Discuss'?
> If there is doubt, certainly send a note to legal-discuss asking them
> to classify the license.  This particular case looks easy.  It is not
> placing any restrictions other than including their notice.   So we
> would need to add their notice to our NOTICE.txt.
> Rob

Thank you, Rob.

I agree that this case should be no problem.
But as its license is not mentioned on the above mentioned Apache
website, I will ask legal-discuss.
I have seen that JIRA mails from its JIRA project are mirrored to
mailing list legal-discuss. Thus, I will submit a corresponding JIRA issue.

Best regards, Oliver.

View raw message