incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject [EXT][DISCUSS] Including Groovy as a scripting language
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 01:45:14 GMT
Hi all,

I wanted to gauge the interest in including Groovy [1] as a scripting
language.

For those not familiar, Groovy is a dynamic language for the JVM that
includes features like closures, builders, and dynamic typing.

There is currently a Groovy For OpenOffice extension [2] for this
available under LGPL. I have contacted the author regarding additionally
licensing the extension as Apache and he would be willing to do that to
include it.

Groovy itself is under the Apache 2.0 so I thought it may be a good fit.

I am willing to work on this if there is interest.

Best regards,
Carl

[1] http://groovy.codehaus.org/
[2] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/GroovyForOpenOffice