incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Is it worth looking at Confluence Wiki Again?
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:37:06 GMT
Hi, Kay,
On 9/26/2011 18:28, Kay Schenk wrote:
> Hi. I just posted (really asked a question) on this same subject on another
> thread -- vis a vis what's going on with the wiki.
>
> So, what IS going on? Anybody?
>
> I think (thought?) Pedro was kind of coordinating the test of Confluence
> with the infra folks but ???

AFAIK, there is nothing going on with the wiki. My objections to Cwiki
are posted below; briefly, conversion would be too big and too messy to
cope with.

Moin-moin might be a better candidate. Like Confluence, moin-moin is
supported by infra (good), and lacks some facilities of Mwiki (bad).
However, it has two distinct advantages:
* It is FOSS. If we decide that we need to extend it, whether for
conversion or for permanent enhancements, we can do that.
* It is Python-powered. Python expertise should be available. I think I
could learn enough to be useful, very quickly, without becoming a
potential single-point-of-failure personnel problem.

I'm not the kind of person who can drive a project. We need someone who
is. --/tj/