incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: [users] Re: Languages
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 11:53:36 GMT
On 04/09/2011 Eike Rathke wrote:
> I don't know though what I should do at the moment
> with new languages/locales being requested, they'd just pile up.

May I ask whether the situation has changed now that commits to the code
happen more regularly?

I can understand that in the current situation it wouldn't be possible
to create a new localization project for volunteers to translate
interface and help in their language, but I don't understand what
prevents from just making a new locale known to OOo so that a new
language, for example, appears under Format - Character - Language.

This would at least allow users to use within an
externally developed dictionary for their language.

View raw message