incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From floris v <floris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting a conversation on AOOo 4.0
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2011 13:39:34 GMT
I have no problem with some changes in the interface where they are
helpful.
For instance: The way that page styles are applied is very
counter-intuitive. We get dozens of posts in the forums about how to
make a document with a heading on all pages except the first, and also
from people who select a page style for a page somewhere in the middle
of a document and then find that it has been applied to the entire
document. Page styles are really powerful and easy to use once you get
the hang of the concept and of how they are implemented and applied, but
until you get the hang of it, they can - and often do - drive you up the
wall. So, a better Insert - manual break dialog box would be a big help
- probably more text in it, like "Select the page style for the next
page" instead of just "Style", would already help.

Peter aka floris v