incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice.org one year later"
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:20:19 GMT

On 09/22/2011 09:38 AM, RGB ES wrote:
> 2011/9/22 Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>
>
>> For example, when we have something as significant as the
>> successful Bugzilla migration, maybe that should get a blog post?
>> Maybe we can try to establish a regular cadence of posts,...
>

> A big YES, +1 or whatever. "Normal" people (those that do not check mailing
> lists) think OOo is dead because there are no news clearly visible. The AOO
> blog have only two entries... I think the project needs to be more
> "communicative".
> Cheers
> Ricardo

Yes, this, and something I've been wondering about...right now folks can
still go to --

http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

and it *appears* they can submit issues from  here. However, you can NOT
login, nor is there ANY message to tell them to go someplace else...like
the new Apache issues area.

I don't have access to this page, but someone who does should really
point folks to the right place. If you try to do a search from the page
above, things go on and on and on...this is NOT good!

MzK

"There's something about the sound of a train
  that's very romantic and nostalgic and hopeful."
                                -- Paul Simon