incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Hollmichel <martin.hollmic...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: handling of ext_sources - Juergen's suggestion [was: Re: A systematic approach to IP review?]
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:15:46 GMT
Am 20.09.2011 16:36, schrieb Pavel Janík:
>> Have we ever considered using version control to...uh...manage file versions?
>>
>> Just an idea.
>
> Maybe Heiner will say more, but in the past, we have had the external tarballs in the
VCS, but then we moved them out and it worked very well. There never was a reason to track
external.tar.gz files in VCS, because we do not change them.
I don't like the idea of having tar.gz in Version control in SCM's, it
blows up the repository size over time significantly, and if using a SCM
having the full repo on your hard disk, this is not what you want, at
least if we speak about GBs after some years,

Martin