incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: [OT] ASF confusion? Near to Munich/Augsburg?
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:28:08 GMT
Hi Christian

Am 20.09.11 15:34, schrieb Christian Grobmeier:
> Hello,
>
> I meanwhile got several e-mails offlist from users who have not the
> time to read the thousands of e-mails on ooo-dev and therefore have
> trouble understanding things around the Apache Software Foundation and
> how they relate with the OpenOffice.org podling.
There is a lake of Information in the german speeking regions yes. In
the past, we make press release from the german NLC. The last
information was about the 3.3 Release. Since then we have no translated
news. The people who looks into the mailing lists, see that here is same
activity. But they don't know what exactly we doing here. As I see,
there is a load of confusion outthere. For people it's still unclair if
the project will survieve or not.

> If you are one of these persons and if you are able to travel to
> Augsburg 22.09.2011 (this thursday!) you can participate in an 1-hour
> session explaining "how the ASF" works. The event is free of charge
> and is organized by the local Java User Group.
I can't be there, but yes, maybe sameone sould geve out same
informations in german.

Greetings Raphael