incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: AOOo can't save passwort protected file
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:05:27 GMT
Hi Dennis

Am 16.09.11 19:47, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> I use a series of older versions as part of my document forensics work.  In particular,
I keep ODF 1.1 processors around.

> It happened that it is the default application in the same VM where I have OOo-dev 3.4
installed.  So it opened by accident on a double-click where I was testing for the Save As
with Password problem, to see if it existed in OOo-dev 3.4.

> So I found a down-level regression by happy accident.  And that had me learn that the
OOo-dev 3.4 uses AES encryption by default, which no ODF 1.0/1.1 client will recognize, nor
will many ODF 1.2 apps not built to recognize anything more than the default encryption (there
being no requirement that they do otherwise).
You can switch the ODF Version under Tools > Options > Load/Save. Please
try to switch from ODF 1.2 extended to 1.2 or maybe 1.0/1.1 and test to
open it with the 2.4 again.

Greetings Raphael