incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PLEASE STOP " RE: svn commit: r795631 - in /websites/production/openofficeorg:
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:06:40 GMT

> No problem Kay,
>
> I think it was worthwhile to confirm bringing the pages into Apache
> SVN and going through the Apache publishing flow.
>
> I am concerned about monkeying with the pages and (separately)
> getting into collisions about where this will all end up (i.e., is
> this the precise publishing flow and when does it provide content for
> OpenOffice.org).

I understand this point completely -- this is why there is NO intention
(at least on my part) to link them anywhere until all the DNS and
location issues get resolved. Again, I was really just trying to
ascertain rendering functionality for some of these NL sites.

> [...]
>>
>>> I think it is inappropriate to make web visible duplicate and
>>> different pages that are presently available via the
>>> OpenOffice.org.  There is much more to determine before the
>>> migration of the OpenOffice.org content and services is staged.
>>> There is no worked-out consensus on how that will progress
>>> through integration so that user-facing OpenOffice.org and
>>> project facing openoffice.apache.org are separated appropriately,
>>> if at all.
>>>
>>> More important to me is that fact that those pages don't
>>> "belong" to us.
>>>
>>> I repeat my concern that it is *very* inappropriate to inject
>>> unapproved Apache Terms of Use and, worse, apply Apache
>>> Copyright notices in ways that have not been reviewed by legal
>>> FIRST.  This kind of action is not appropriate for Commit then
>>> Review, not even unilateral lazy consensus, since it is a concern
>>> of the Foundation, not merely the Apache OOo Podling.
>>>
>>> If there is to be a test site to establish that there is a
>>> working migration approach for static materials, it needs to be
>>> set up that way.  There is no need to modify content on such a
>>> site beyond what is technically required to demonstrate workable
>>> migration.
>>>
>>> I am very concerned that material is being combined under
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/, such as the material
>>> at http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg WACK de/,
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg WACK ar/,
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg WACK lt/, and so on.
>>>
>>> I also believe that demonstration of capture should not be
>>> comingled with modifications. I urge that any modifications that
>>> cannot be done on OpenOffice.org where it is now hosted be
>>> deferred beyond when the OpenOffice.org domain and the hosted
>>> pages are all in Apache custody.  Modifications at OpenOffice.org
>>> itself seem best limited to those minimum adjustments necessary
>>> because of separated services (such as migration of Bugzilla
>>> which has left broken material behind on OpenOffice.org).
>>>
>>> - Dennis
>>>
>>> -----Original Message----- From: marcus@apache.org
>>> [mailto:marcus@apache.org] Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011
>>> 05:40 To: ooo-commits@incubator.apache.org Subject: svn commit:
>>> r795631 - in /websites/production/openofficeorg: ./
>>> content/openofficeorg/aa/ content/openofficeorg/af/
>>> content/openofficeorg/am/ content/openofficeorg/ar/
>>> content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/ content/openofficeorg/dz/
>>> content/openofficeo...
>>>
>>> Author: marcus Date: Mon Sep 12 12:40:18 2011 New Revision:
>>> 795631
>>>
>>> Log: Publishing merge to openofficeorg site by marcus
>>>
>>> Added:
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/aa/ -
>>> copied from r795630,
>>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/aa/
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/aa/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/aa/index.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/aa/robots.txt

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/aa/robots.txt

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/af/ -
>>> copied from r795630,
>>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/af/
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/af/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/af/index.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/af/robots.txt

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/af/robots.txt

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/am/ -
>>> copied from r795630,
>>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/am/
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/am/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/am/index.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/am/robots.txt

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/am/robots.txt

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/ -
>>> copied from r795630,
>>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-cdrom.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-cdrom.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-documentation.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-documentation.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-downloads.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-downloads.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-helping.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-helping.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-issuezilla.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-issuezilla.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-legal.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-legal.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-mailinglist.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-mailinglist.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-product.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-product.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-spellcheck.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-spellcheck.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/addresses.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/addresses.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/back.gif

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/back.gif

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/background.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/background.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/banner_join_ar.png

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/banner_join_ar.png

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/credits.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/credits.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/faq.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/faq.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/index.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/index.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/robots.txt

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/robots.txt

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/style.css

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/style.css

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/valid_css.png

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/valid_css.png

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/valid_html.png

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/valid_html.png

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/work_in_progress.gif

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/work_in_progress.gif

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/dz/ -
>>> copied from r795630,
>>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/dz/
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/dz/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/dz/index.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/dz/robots.txt

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/dz/robots.txt

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/ -
>>> copied from r795630,
>>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-cdrom.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-cdrom.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-documentation.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-documentation.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-downloads.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-downloads.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-helping.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-helping.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-issuezilla.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-issuezilla.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-legal.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-legal.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-mailinglist.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-mailinglist.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-product.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-product.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-spellcheck.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-spellcheck.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/adresses.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/adresses.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/background.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/background.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/credits.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/credits.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/faq.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/faq.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/index.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/index.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/links.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/links.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/menu.js
>>> - copied unchanged from r795630,
>>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/menu.js

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/robots.txt
>>> - copied unchanged from r795630,
>>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/robots.txt

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/my/
>>> - copied from r795630,
>>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/my/
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/my/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/my/index.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/my/robots.txt

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/my/robots.txt

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/ -
>>> copied from r795630,
>>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/adresa.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/adresa.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/base.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/base.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/calc.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/calc.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/draw.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/draw.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/emx_nav_right.css

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/emx_nav_right.css

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/historia.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/historia.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/impress.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/impress.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/index.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/index.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/index2.1

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/index2.1

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/index2.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/index2.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/index3.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/index3.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/kontributi.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/kontributi.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/mail_lista.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/mail_lista.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/math.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/math.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/pershkrimi.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/pershkrimi.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/robots.txt

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/robots.txt

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/shablloni.htm

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/shablloni.htm

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/shkarko.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/shkarko.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/sinergjia.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/sinergjia.html

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/writer.html

> - copied unchanged from r795630,
> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/writer.html

Modified: websites/production/openofficeorg/   (props changed)
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/lazyConsensus.html

Propchange: websites/production/openofficeorg/

--- svn:mergeinfo (original)
>>> +++ svn:mergeinfo Mon Sep 12 12:40:18 2011 @@ -1 +1 @@
>>> -/websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk:791146-795462
>>> +/websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk:791146-795630
>>>
>>> Modified:
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/lazyConsensus.html

>>> ---
>>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/lazyConsensus.html

(original) +++

Mon Sep 12 12:40:18 2011 @@ -107,7 +107,10 @@ lazy consensus model.
>>> In these circumsta operation.</p>  <p>What this means is that
>>> they make a proposal and state that they will start implementing
>>> it in 72 hours unless someone objects. 72 hours is chosen because
>>> -it accounts for different timezones and non-apache
>>> commitments.</p> +it accounts for different timezones and
>>> non-apache commitments. If the 72 hours are +touching a weekend
>>> it would be wise to extend the timeframe a bit. This will ensure
>>> +that people can participate in the proposal even when they were
>>> offline over the +weekend.</p> <p>In this approach the original
>>> proposal is not insisting that there is a discussion around their
>>> proposal, nor are they requesting that the community explicitly
>>> supports their actions. However, this differs from assuming lazy
>>> consensus

MzK

"There's something about the sound of a train
  that's very romantic and nostalgic and hopeful."
                                -- Paul Simon