incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PLEASE STOP " RE: svn commit: r795631 - in /websites/production/openofficeorg:
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 20:17:58 GMT

On 09/12/2011 09:51 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> You are the perfect being the enemy of the good.
>
> Thanks for -1 all of Kay and my work. You've done this before. I've
> said it is not perfect and that I am working on it. We discussed the
> terms etc last week. I said what I would do. I didn't do it this last
> weekend. I had no real energy for AOOo.

ah yes...I am indeed the perputrator of all this commotion. For some odd
reason, I thought we had the go-ahead to start doing soe web page
migrations, and I sat down (a while) yesterday scripting soem of this out.

Heh...I honestly wanted to see how some of the NL pages you come over,
and since these are not explicity linked in, well, whre's the harm.

I ahd planend on doing a LOT more publishing this week, but, of course,
I will stop until a TRUE geen light appears.

My apologigies to cause offense.

> [...]
> through these little explosions all the time.
>
> Regards, Dave
>
> On Sep 12, 2011, at 8:55 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I think it is inappropriate to make web visible duplicate and
>> different pages that are presently available via the
>> OpenOffice.org.  There is much more to determine before the
>> migration of the OpenOffice.org content and services is staged.
>> There is no worked-out consensus on how that will progress through
>> integration so that user-facing OpenOffice.org and project facing
>> openoffice.apache.org are separated appropriately, if at all.
>>
>> More important to me is that fact that those pages don't "belong"
>> to us.
>>
>> I repeat my concern that it is *very* inappropriate to inject
>> unapproved Apache Terms of Use and, worse, apply Apache Copyright
>> notices in ways that have not been reviewed by legal FIRST.  This
>> kind of action is not appropriate for Commit then Review, not even
>> unilateral lazy consensus, since it is a concern of the Foundation,
>> not merely the Apache OOo Podling.
>>
>> If there is to be a test site to establish that there is a working
>> migration approach for static materials, it needs to be set up that
>> way.  There is no need to modify content on such a site beyond what
>> is technically required to demonstrate workable migration.
>>
>> I am very concerned that material is being combined under
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/, such as the material at
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg WACK de/,
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg WACK ar/,
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg WACK lt/, and so on.
>>
>> I also believe that demonstration of capture should not be
>> comingled with modifications. I urge that any modifications that
>> cannot be done on OpenOffice.org where it is now hosted be deferred
>> beyond when the OpenOffice.org domain and the hosted pages are all
>> in Apache custody.  Modifications at OpenOffice.org itself seem
>> best limited to those minimum adjustments necessary because of
>> separated services (such as migration of Bugzilla which has left
>> broken material behind on OpenOffice.org).
>>
>> - Dennis
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: marcus@apache.org
>> [mailto:marcus@apache.org] Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 05:40
>> To: ooo-commits@incubator.apache.org Subject: svn commit: r795631 -
>> in /websites/production/openofficeorg: ./ content/openofficeorg/aa/
>> content/openofficeorg/af/ content/openofficeorg/am/
>> content/openofficeorg/ar/ content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/
>> content/openofficeorg/dz/ content/openofficeo...
>>
>> Author: marcus Date: Mon Sep 12 12:40:18 2011 New Revision: 795631
>>
>> Log: Publishing merge to openofficeorg site by marcus
>>
>> Added: websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/aa/
>> - copied from r795630,
>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/aa/
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/aa/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/aa/index.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/aa/robots.txt

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/aa/robots.txt
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/af/ -
>> copied from r795630,
>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/af/
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/af/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/af/index.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/af/robots.txt

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/af/robots.txt
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/am/ -
>> copied from r795630,
>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/am/
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/am/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/am/index.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/am/robots.txt

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/am/robots.txt
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/ -
>> copied from r795630,
>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-cdrom.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-cdrom.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-documentation.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-documentation.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-downloads.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-downloads.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-helping.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-helping.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-issuezilla.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-issuezilla.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-legal.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-legal.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-mailinglist.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-mailinglist.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-product.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-product.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-spellcheck.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/about-spellcheck.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/addresses.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/addresses.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/back.gif

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/back.gif
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/background.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/background.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/banner_join_ar.png

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/banner_join_ar.png
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/credits.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/credits.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/faq.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/faq.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/index.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/robots.txt

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/robots.txt
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/style.css

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/style.css
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/valid_css.png

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/valid_css.png
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/valid_html.png

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/valid_html.png
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/ar/work_in_progress.gif

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/ar/work_in_progress.gif
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/dz/ -
>> copied from r795630,
>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/dz/
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/dz/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/dz/index.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/dz/robots.txt

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/dz/robots.txt
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/ -
>> copied from r795630,
>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-cdrom.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-cdrom.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-documentation.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-documentation.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-downloads.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-downloads.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-helping.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-helping.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-issuezilla.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-issuezilla.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-legal.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-legal.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-mailinglist.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-mailinglist.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-product.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-product.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-spellcheck.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/about-spellcheck.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/adresses.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/adresses.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/background.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/background.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/credits.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/credits.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/faq.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/faq.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/index.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/links.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/links.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/menu.js
>> - copied unchanged from r795630,
>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/menu.js

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/lt/robots.txt
>> - copied unchanged from r795630,
>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/lt/robots.txt

websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/my/
>> - copied from r795630,
>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/my/
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/my/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/my/index.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/my/robots.txt

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/my/robots.txt
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/ -
>> copied from r795630,
>> websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/adresa.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/adresa.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/base.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/base.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/calc.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/calc.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/draw.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/draw.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/emx_nav_right.css

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/emx_nav_right.css
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/historia.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/historia.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/impress.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/impress.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/index.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/index.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/index2.1

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/index2.1
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/index2.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/index2.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/index3.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/index3.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/kontributi.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/kontributi.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/mail_lista.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/mail_lista.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/math.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/math.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/pershkrimi.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/pershkrimi.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/robots.txt

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/robots.txt
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/shablloni.htm

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/shablloni.htm
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/shkarko.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/shkarko.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/sinergjia.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/sinergjia.html
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/sq/writer.html

- copied unchanged from r795630,
websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk/content/openofficeorg/sq/writer.html
>> Modified: websites/production/openofficeorg/   (props changed)
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/lazyConsensus.html

Propchange: websites/production/openofficeorg/

--- svn:mergeinfo (original)
>> +++ svn:mergeinfo Mon Sep 12 12:40:18 2011 @@ -1 +1 @@
>> -/websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk:791146-795462
>> +/websites/staging/openofficeorg/trunk:791146-795630
>>
>> Modified:
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/lazyConsensus.html

>> ---
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/lazyConsensus.html
>> (original) +++
>> websites/production/openofficeorg/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/lazyConsensus.html
>> Mon Sep 12 12:40:18 2011 @@ -107,7 +107,10 @@ lazy consensus model.
>> In these circumsta operation.</p> <p>What this means is that they
>> make a proposal and state that they will start implementing it in
>> 72 hours unless someone objects. 72 hours is chosen because -it
>> accounts for different timezones and non-apache commitments.</p>
>> +it accounts for different timezones and non-apache commitments. If
>> the 72 hours are +touching a weekend it would be wise to extend the
>> timeframe a bit. This will ensure +that people can participate in
>> the proposal even when they were offline over the +weekend.</p>
>> there is a discussion around their proposal, nor are they
>> requesting that the community explicitly supports their actions.
>> However, this differs from assuming lazy consensus

MzK

"There's something about the sound of a train
  that's very romantic and nostalgic and hopeful."
                                -- Paul Simon