incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Schönheit <>
Subject Re: Fix me: Abnormalities during bootstrap
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2011 17:31:33 GMT
Hi Joost,

> [intermittent build breakers]
> perhaps it's the virus scanner. If it breaks again I will go offline and
> disable the AV engine at compile time.

Is it, by chance, an error 126 you get in such cases?

Back in HH times, we often had this problem of intermittent build
breakers, which vanished when you simply did the build, again. In most
cases, 126 was the error code dumped to the console.

I discussed this with Ause at times, and he suspected the Virus scanner
(McAffee) on our new-by-this-time machines. IIRC, disabling the scanner
didn't help - which doesn't mean it is not guilty, there might still be
some components deep in the system causing this.

Sadly, we never found the time/courage/whatever to completely isolate a
standard machine from the Corp. network, completely uninstall the
scanner, and challenge our theory.

So: Is there some error code when your build breaks, and what's your
virus scanner?

View raw message