incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <>
Subject Re: threading
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 22:51:46 GMT
Am 06.09.2011 21:38, schrieb Eike Rathke:

> Hi Dennis,
> On Monday, 2011-09-05 09:34:48 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>> Daniel,
>> I don't generally have any way of knowing what does and does not
>> influence threading.  I don't have threading in my mail client
> I would be surprised if Outlook didn't have threading (on the other
> hand.. it's Outlock ;-)  you just might not be aware of it. Are the
> mails you see on the list really not grouped by topics and you don't see
> who answers whom respectively which mail?

Outlook is able to preserve threading for other mail clients by
providing the necessary headers, but IIRC it's a configuration option
(at least it was so in older versions of Outlook).

But if Dennis always uses the same instance of Outlook with the same
user configuration, I don't understand why some of his mails break the
threading and others don't.

View raw message