incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [wiki] Migration : how to get a MW data dump was: - A TerryE Clipping Collection [LONG]
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 22:07:14 GMT

On 09/08/2011 02:34 PM, Matt Richards wrote:
> Sure, I can set up Confluence on my own hardware. But what about getting the
> MW data dump to work with?

my question also...how is this done???? I'm assuming you need admin
rights on the current incarnation at:
http://ooo-wiki.apache.org/wiki/Main_Page

And once done, what then? assuming we want to do a port into Confluence.

I don't think it should be necessary to setup individual Confluence
servers -- can't we just get a dump and then work with the Apache infra
people.

Again, I understand the arguments for staying with MW...but the question
still remains -- who will administer it?

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Dave Fisher<dave2wave@comcast.net>  wrote:
>
>> If you have a server, then you can always setup your own confluence for
>> free, or buy a personal limited license for $10 for 10 users.
>>
>> Apache CWiki is on a version 3.4 while the current version is 3.5.
>>
>> See http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/try.jsp
>>
>> Atlassian has a sandbox as well:
>> http://sandbox.onconfluence.com/display/ds/Plugins+Installed+on+this+Confluence+Site
>>
>> This link might help: http://www.atlassian.com/search/?query=mediawiki
>>
>> HTH,
>> Dave
>>
>> On Sep 8, 2011, at 12:29 PM, Matt Richards wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, I've kinda ran into a similar problems when I originally
>> volunteered
>>> to help. I don't know how to go about it, without access to various data
>>> dumps and such that it appears only Contributors/PPMC members have access
>>> to.

>>> --
>>> --Matt

MzK

"There's something about the sound of a train
  that's very romantic and nostalgic and hopeful."
                                -- Paul Simon