incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [LINUX-BUILD] Developer Education -- Building on Linux event starts now
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 18:28:16 GMT
Am 08.09.2011 20:13, schrieb Pavel Janík:

> Hi,
>
> On Sep 8, 2011, at 7:46 PM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the heads-up, I already discovered that the build doesn't
>> work.
>
> excuse me, but what doesn't work for you now?
>
> With the current tree (revision 1166829 now), without --with-lang, the build should work.

Yes.

> With --with-lang, it only works with proper source_config. The patch sent should workaround
it (by brutal perl hack).

I couldn't build with --with-lang and source_config. Maybe the reason is
that I didn't do a clean build after the latest updates (I did a
autoconf and configure though).

>> What's the status with "source_config"? Do we still need it, do we
>> *want* to use it? The new build system doesn't need it, so probably
>> ditching source_config and hard coding "main" and "extras" somewhere in
>> the perl ball of mud would be an option.
>
> The patch sent does exactly that. It gets the repo (it is main) path by requesting the
path to module vcl, and hardcodes ../extras as another repository.

OK, sorry, I misunderstood your "this change is incorrect". So I will
try a new clean build with "--with-lang" from head. Eike is right with
his reservation, but I don't think that we need a general patch here,
your "hack" should be enough. In the worst case (we finally move l10n
somewhere else) we would need a one-shot fix. As I wrote, source_config
should be considered as doomed (and so the need to specify repositories
here).

Besides that: I don't see a reason to change the structure of "main" and
"extras" anytime soon.

Regards,
Mathias