incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: QUASTE working?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 17:40:22 GMT
Am 08.09.2011 00:52, schrieb Raphael Bircher:

> Hi Alexandro
>
> Am 08.09.11 00:32, schrieb Alexandro Colorado:
>> I can't access QUASTe, I hope this is not the lost box that was in the
>> planet.
>> Regards.
>>
> I'm actualy not sure if we realy want to use Quaste. Quaste was a
> special tool for our automated tests. But they never worked well outside
> SUN. Automated Tests are a nice Idea, but there Results has to be
> reliably. And If you know how many menpower SUN and Oracle investegate
> to maintain this tests... I'm not sure if we will do the same.

It's wrong that the test never worked well "outside SUN". I used these
tests on my private machines quite often and had no problems, at least
not on Windows and only rarely on Linux (the testtool doesn't want to
run on 64Bit).

These "automatic" tests have some value, but not in the way they were
used. But with or without the tests, QUASTE was and is dispensable. It
never did anything that you couldn't do much easier, faster and cheaper
in a working community with accountable members.

Regards,
Mathias