incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Move forum & support discussions to ooo-users@
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:18:35 GMT
I don't know why I didn't think of this before!

[PROPOSAL] Ask the community to move all discussion of forums, user
support, forum management or technical implementations, over to the
ooo-users@ mailing list.

Rationale:

- ooo-dev@ is pretty heavily loaded, and this will reduce traffic for
people just working on code, build, and code IP issues.

- Much of the discussion about forum governance and technology is coming
from new (to Apache) users who have already expressed frustration at the
high traffic volume on ooo-dev@.

- Issues of user support techniques and issues of compiler flags are
really unrelated, and could easily be on separate lists.

- ooo-users@ is likely to remain somewhat quiet anyway until we have
more progress with a deliverable to show to end users.

Note that this presumes sufficient PPMC members will also join the
ooo-users@ list to ensure that we can get proper consensus on any issues
there before bringing them up for [VOTE]s or the like.

Note: history shows that it's important to think carefully before
opening new mailing lists or moving discussions between lists.  But I
think it's worth doing in this case.

- Shane