incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From David McKay <dmc...@btconnect.com>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:09:50 GMT
On 08/09/2011 15:06, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:54:33 -0400
> Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> Thanks for sharing the history on this.  It is useful (I think) to
>> understand the history of this community and what they've been through
>> in the past, what problems they've encountered and overcome.
>> Obviously Apache is not the same as any previous situation they've
>> been in, but it is probably important that we avoid inadvertently
>> *appearing* to look like any previous problem they've encountered.
> It is important to emphasise that
> http://www.oooforum.org/
> is not the forum currently considering a migration to Apache.
>
> The forum considering migrayion is
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
>
> I think (personal opinion) that many members of that forum would idealy like to see it
amalgamate with the older forum if that ever became possibe, to maintain the history and helpful
postings, but that is another day's wor and might never be possible, for reasons Drew and
others have outlined.

I was just about to type the same thing. These two OOo forums are two
very different, entirely distinct and separate concerns.

Dave.