incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [repo] External sources, ICU (was: Who wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 12:35:23 GMT
Am 09/08/2011 05:32 AM, schrieb Pedro F. Giffuni:
> --- On Wed, 9/7/11, Eike Rathke wrote:
>
> OK, I accept your reasoning.
>>
>>> There is also interest in using icu-regex for
>>> replacing the copyleft regex and the latest
>>> versions seem to have improved a lot.
>>
>> Of course, but upgrading ICU at this stage for a 3.4
>> release IMHO is not an option.
>>
> Hmm.. the release.
>
> Apart from the SGA, that doesn't really depend on us,
> we need:
> - new regex code (where I thought and ICU upgrade would
> actually help)
> - solve the lcc cpp issue (remove?).
> - testing the above.
>
> There are some other issues that may be worked around
> for now.
>
> You are the second person that I've heard on this list
> saying that the release is near (the first was Marcus).
>
> Perhaps you guys know something that I don't? ;).
>
> cheers,
>
> Pedro.

Let's say I've said that the things are known that have to be done to
get to a release as the code is already set. OOo 3.4 was already in Beta
mode. That means (at least from the view point from the old project)
that the features are complete. No new things to integrate. (BTW: and
now being at Apache I don't see a reason to open the gate again.)

Maybe that's the reason why some got the impression the release is or
could be near. Near because known things have to be done but we still
cannot say when (time frame) we can see a release.

Marcus