incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Bug reporting, handling rules
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:36:11 GMT
Speaking strictly personally, I'm fine with a respectful user who's
posting worthwhile content to use whatever sort of anonymous email
address they choose - as long as it's a stable one within this email list.

I am *not* fine with them spoofing Apache mailserver addresses under any
circumstances.  I'd be happy if the Apache infra team banned such use
without notice.

Being anonymous is fine, and there are plenty of free email hosts
available.  Spoofing an @apache.org address which is not valid is just
plain rude and shouldn't be allowed.

- Shane

On 9/8/2011 4:05 AM, FR web forum wrote:
>> Yes "FR web forum" is apparently operating pseudonymously *and* anonymously.
>> Those mails often copied oooforum [at] free [dot] fr also, and I switched to
>> replying to thatthat until I realized that I was simply cross-posting to yet-another
list.

> Please don't send my email address in clear. I don't want to be listed by spam-bots.
:-(