incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [code][repo] Integration of CWSs
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 16:47:23 GMT
Am 09/07/2011 03:43 PM, schrieb Eike Rathke:

>> I agree with you in that point - OTOH we shouldn't integrate cws into
>> the 3.4 code line that don't belong there. I hope you are talking only
>> about cws that should become a part of 3.4.
>
> Of course, yes. And after that create a 3.4.0 branch and have ongoing
> development on trunk then.
>
> Going to https://tools.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/GuestLogon
> Child workspaces Search and filtering for available 3.4 relevant CWSs
> reveals:
>
> Master OOO340, Status nominated:
> calc68
> native373

OK, next step would be the physical integration of these CWSs.

> Master OOO340, Status approved by QA: none
>
> Master OOO340, Status ready for QA:
> tkr41
> sw34bf06

Hm, what to do with CWSs in this state?

> Master DEV300, Release 3.4, Status nominated:
> ooo34gsl02  DEV300m106
> ooo34gsl01  DEV300m106
> jl167       DEV300m104
> impress212  DEV300m104
> calc67      DEV300m106

This can be (easily, if no merge conflicts) integrated, too. Maybe with
a little rebase of the m104 CWSs.

> Master DEV300, Release 3.4, Status approved by QA:
> jsc341      DEV300m106

Next status would be to nominate this CWS; so, just integrate.

> Master DEV300, Release 3.4, Status ready for QA:
> mingwport35 DEV300m106

What to do with this?

> mh8tz       DEV300m73   (this seems to have been abandoned in 2010)

Can be skipped IMHO.

> Unfortunately parts of the underlying EIS database seem to be accessible
> only through an ISDN line or some such.. trying to obtain details for
> a CWS one ends up waiting for about 1-2 minutes.
>
> IIRC, OOO340 was branched off from DEV300m102, but I'm not sure at the
> moment, insights anyone?

It was m106:

http://development.openoffice.org/releases/ooo340_branch.png

 > So adding any DEV300m104/106 rebased CWSs would
> bring in other stuff from DEV300 as well, if one wants to really find
> out there's Master Workspaces, Fixed issues per Milestone, in the tree
> list select DEV300 and then m103, m104, ... and click on "Show all
> issues in issuezilla".

Another resource is to look into the really last release notes from
DEV300m106 and OOO340m0 (aka 3.4 Beta) milestones:

When asking EIS si too time consuming maybe the release notes are an
alternative:

http://development.openoffice.org/releases/DEV300m106_snapshot.html
http://development.openoffice.org/releases/3.4beta.html

For older ones see here:
http://development.openoffice.org/releases/dev_index.html

> I'll first grab calc68 and try my luck ;)
>
>    Eike

Marcus