incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Support forums
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:28:43 GMT
On 9/6/2011 7:07 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:
...snip...
> 1. Use of domain name
> The project could ask legal@ to temporarily grant permission to the Support
> Forums to keep using the domain name until releases have been made at AOOo.
> Even then it's possible that we'll want to continue a "licensing"
> arrangement.

I would be uncomfortable with this arrangement, and personally think
it's a step backwards from the turn towards a much friendlier and more
productive discussion on the matter of forum governance that's just started.

I agree this is a process that will take some time, so it's not like all
changes have to happen tomorrow or even in the next several weeks.  But
I don't see pushing for the "licensing" being a productive or likely
step to happen.

- Shane, <hat type="mentor"/>