incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From MiguelAngel <mari...@miguelangel.mobi>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 16:24:06 GMT
I agree with Ricardo,

To me, don't seem very nice how some people have helped Terry to carry
on his effort to do the transition, and keep the relation with the forum
and their members. I would prefer to feel not like an unwelcome guest
for them.

Some questions in the air:
-Can have the forum a future in ASF, with their different languages in a
reasonable terms?
-Why anyone must have any status in the forum, without do nothing?
Not the same have supervision rights, like an auditor, than the status.
The meritocracy is a law in ASF, right, then must be for all.
-I don't see clear, why the ASF rules are applicable in those terms
claimed?. Since the forum will not take any decision about nothing on
the project. Or can be time in ASF to agree a rules about forums in the
projects.

I think it's time to apply the efforts in a more productive things for
the project.
And I don't like how the efforts are spent in nothing.
The true differences, sure are a thin line. If both parts want, easy to
cross.

Miguel Ángel
Volunteer on the spanish + english forum.
User of OOo trying to help another users, by the pleasure to do it.
Could be not an important labour from a technician point of view, but
every person/labour is important, and from the end user side could be
very important.
I think all the software is developed for the end user, OOo, if I not
mistake, more than hundred million at this time.