incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Create a second incubator podling - the ooo forums
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 14:00:59 GMT
On 9/6/2011 9:48 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Clearly you didn't read the whole sentence
> in context.  You certainly cannot delegate
> away someone'sPPMC voting rights on new committers,
> but that wouldn'tbe something I'd call a
> management/oversightaspect of the forums.
>
> Two different animals.

Sigh. Yeah, that's most of what I was trying to say, but I used a lot
more words.

IP that is distributed in Apache products must come (mostly) from
committers).  Wikis, forums, and ancillary stuff could come from
non-committers, as long as we have reasonable license expectations.

- Shane, needing more sleep and coffee

ASF

whereby a forum would fit into Apache; by your earlier post you do not think there is such
a mechanism. Might Apache be prepared to modify (by extension) their structures to accomodate
these?  This becomes a problem for the legal draughtsmen, of course.  The old rule of £minimal
change" ought apply.