incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:26:05 GMT
Terry Ellison wrote:
> So my answer is that I don't need to do this.
> Hence this email is my last involvement in Apache and the Forums. No
> more work. Not more listening to attacks. No more listening to support

Very sad news. It's bad to see the community fragmenting again,
especially the forums, that so far (at least in my experience; I'm a
moderator of the Italian forum) have managed to keep a positive
attitude, with people just trying to be helpful and focusing on users
rather than on politics.

I hope that there is still a way to make sure that the forums and all
their volunteers, a vital community resource, continue to operate within
the Apache project. Honestly I wouldn't segregate them in a separate
podling, but this is still better than losing them.

Regards,
   Andrea.