incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Status of existing OOo user guides
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 16:56:56 GMT
The fundamental point is that Apache projects need to produce useful
software for the public good, under the Apache license.

I.e. users of Apache software have expectations that they can make use
of Apache products - as well as the source code of those projects -
under the Apache license.  The purpose is to ensure maximum freedom for
the users of our products and our source code.

As with any legal question, the details need to be worked out with
support from the legal team.  The specific legal requirements for IP in
Apache releases is spelled out here:

   http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a

Note that Apache project websites or products are free to link to
relevant useful content for their project - including things like user
guides - which may be under most sorts of licenses.

- Shane