incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <Te...@ellisons.org.uk>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 21:11:47 GMT
Rob,

There is a small control domain where any Hosting or sponsoring
organisation may decide to define a set of constraints on the subgroups
for which it is responsible.  It may also wish to shape direction.
This issue is for the mentors to give guidance on.

Look, I am not practising a Christian, but even I know Matthew 22:21:
"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s ... "   Here you are
just another PPMC member, and you have absolutely no track record on
running forums, as far as I know.   In my view, you should leave the
running of user community forums to people who know how to run these
forums and have been doing it for years.  Ditto, developers are the best
people to work out how to develop, etc., or are you going to start
people how to debug code next?

Surely we all stick to should our core competencies, and win the trust
of other groups before we stick our noses it their business.  I phrase
it this way because I know that the same criticism could also be applied
to me.

Regards Terry