incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcing Apache ooo Bugzilla on OpenOffice.org Lists
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 20:33:42 GMT
On 03/09/2011 FR web forum wrote:
>> [TJ Frazier] old Bugzilla is moaning in red letters that it is now
>> read-only, and doesn't have a forwarding URL. Somebody with admin
>> privileges at OO.o should fix that.
> +1

Definitely. The "I do not have a new URL for the RW Bugzilla yet!"
warning leaves users totally wondering what's going on, and this should
be fixed with the new URL as soon as possible.

> Is this a final address? What's happen with old URL when Oracle will halted its server?
> That will be better to have an automatic redirection.

Again, fully agree. There are thousands of issue links anywhere in
wikis, mailing lists and forum, and there is no point in preserving IDs
if links are not. But I see that
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Bugtracking+migration
correctly considers preserving links a requirement.

Regards,
   Andrea.