incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: An invitation to committers to the OOo Community Forums
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 17:56:11 GMT
Terry Ellison wrote:
>>> [Rob Weir] Honestly, if a forum volunteer is not already on this
>>> list, understanding what we are doing and how Apache project works and
>>> how the code base is developing, etc., then they will have a very
>>> difficult time fairly representing the project to the users. ...
> -0.75 Actually they don't really need to understand anything about how
> Apache works or how the code-base is developing. They do end-user
> support. The only need to understand how the product /as released and
> shipped/ operates for the end-users.

I agree with Terry: the Italian forum has a few moderators, including
me; I'm regularly following this list but the others do not, either for
language reasons or because it is actually useless to follow the project
in detail when the main focus of the user forum is peer-to-peer support
(and thus the product, not the project).

And with the time they save by not following international lists they
answer many more user questions than I do; and it's enough for them to
follow the Italian discussion lists (or the Italian association lists)
to stay up-to-date with announcements, especially at release time.

Regards,
   Andrea.