incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <Te...@ellisons.org.uk>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 17:44:29 GMT
On 04/09/11 18:15, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> If the forums community doesn't want to become part of the ASF project
> then why has the PPMC asked infra to migrate the forums to ASF hardware?

Because those of us who are engaged on the project thought that it's the
best thing to do, and want them to do this.  But the volunteer community
are still autonomous today.

If you want someone to join your party, then the best way is to use
rational arguments and gentle persuasion.  Giving bald ultimatums to
communities with other options usually achieves the direct opposite effect.

So it doesn't seem a rational approach to me -- unless, of course, your
primary object is really to shut down the service, and then it is rational.