incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <Te...@ellisons.org.uk>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 17:09:15 GMT
On 04/09/11 16:49, Rob Weir wrote:
> ... we are not discussing project operations on ooo-private.  We
> use that list for voting in new committers and for exchanging
> confidential information, like the real email addresses of new
> committers.  Almost any other attempted use of ooo-private has been
> quickly shut down my our Mentors, rightfully, since the default
> behavior should be to discuss things openly.  In fact, if the very
> discussion that is currently occurring (according to Terry) on the
> private forum had occurred on ooo-private, we would have received a
> lecture from a Mentor on the need for transparency.
Rob we are not talking about project operations in private in u.s.oo.o
either.  We are talking about User Community business in private on a
User Community-run server.  I know that you want to unilaterally subsume
this community into the project, but this isn't the status quo.  It's a
fundamental change that you are demanding of this community.

You also rightly point out that my comments are hearsay.  Can I just
point out the irony of your also speaking on a Mentor's behalf?  You are
another member of the PPMC.  How can you know what a Mentor will just in
this context, especially as some have expressed very different views
themselves in early related discussions.    You can't.  So please don't
claim this authority to strengthen your own personal position.

If any Mentors, Jim, Sam, Danese, Shane, Nóirín, Joe, Christian or Ross,
would like to have a look around the forums including the currently
private sub-forums and form their own views, then I will gladly extend
my previous invitation to give them this access.

Regards
Terry